Wednesday, May 12, 2010

mother's day & blessing day

This is our beautiful princess on her blessing day! It was so special for me to be able to have her daddy bless her on Mother's Day. She has a wonderful daddy, and I'm so grateful for him and love him!
Her blessing dress was the one that I wore when I was blessed, and her cute bracelet is from her Great Grandpa and his wonderful wife Penny.


The Blessing was so special! First of all, as a total surprise my wonderful brother Jacob flew in from Florida! We were SO HAPPY that he could come! We blessed Leilah in the bishop's office. The bishop was there and other than that, it was only our families. I wish Jason had been able to be there.
I love Shawn and Leilah! I am so happy that we have each other forever!

Look at that gorgeous blanket!! Get this... My dad MADE it! Can you believe it? Amazing!


These are our Mother's Day pictures! I have always had the most wonderful mother, and I am so grateful for her! Now that I am married I have even more examples of wonderful mothers in my life. I love them all so much!
So, needless to say, I had the most wonderful Mother's day! I am so grateful that I am able to be a mother. I absolutely love it! Here are ten things that I love about being a mom:

1. Waking up in the morning to a smiley baby, who by the way, sleeps through the night:)
2. Rocking my baby to sleep
3. Watching her learn and grow everyday
4. Seeing her smile when she plays with her daddy
5. feeling the bond that I know we have already formed
6. Dressing her up like a cute little baby doll
7. When she carries on long conversations with us
8. The knowledge that I have that Me, Leilah, and Shawn will be together forever
9. The new experiences that await me everyday
10. Knowing that it is up to her daddy and me to raise her in the ways of our Heavenly Father

I Love you Leilah, and am so happy to be your Mommy!

2 comments:

The Cake Lady said...

LOVE IT, LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!
You are awonderful mommy! Jacob told me that he could see what a good mom you are!!
Happy Mother's Day, and many more to come Becca!
I love you, Mom

Mrs. H said...

I think it's awesome that your dad made that blanket! He's a great grandpa for making it for his sweet little grand daughter!